Information and Resources for Landlords
The Housing Authority of Fulton County's Housing Choice Programs (formerly Section 8) provides rental assistance for low-to-moderate income families in the private rental market. The HAFC works with families and landlords throughout unincorporated Fulton County and Sandy Springs to provide choice-based, affordable housing.
BENEFITS FOR LANDLORDS:
* Low Vacancy Rates: Because clients are always looking for good, affordable housing, a Housing Choice Landlord rarely has a vacant property.
* Good Clients: The Authority conducts extensive background checks (including criminal and payment history) on all potential Housing Choice clients. Landlords are also able to create their own selection criteria. A participating landlord is not required to rent to a family who does not meet all eligibility requirements.
* Well-Maintained Housing: The HAFC conducts an initial property inspection and follow-up annual inspections. Along with the landlord's periodical checks, these inspections insure that properties are maintained at the highest level.
* Guaranteed Rent: Most Housing Choice families have a financial safety net if they experience a loss of income. In those instances, the HAFC normally increases its portion of the rent subsidy.
* Limited Paperwork: All leases and contracts are standardized and prepared by HAFC at its offices. The HAFC performs the bulk of the paperwork.
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- Change of Property Ownership Request Form
- Landlord Change of Address Form
- W-9 Tax Form
- Authorization to Transact
- Mortgage Release of Authorization
- Payment Standards
- Utility Allowances
- Service Areas
- Rental Increase Request
- Rental Increase Acknowledgement
- Rental Increase Notice for Section 8 Landlords
* All Forms are .PDF files - Adobe Acrobat is required to view forms